Hot 'n' Spicy Flank Steak Recipe
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with remaining marinade. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Thinly slice steak across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hot 'n' Spicy Flank Steak(4)
Sort By :
I LOVE this recipe!!! I have been making this recipe for years for family gatherings and it never fails to WOW!!
Excellent blend of sweet,spicy,sour and salty!!
Perfect blend of sweet and spicy. So easy to make!
The flavor of this steak was outstanding. It wasn't too hot but it had a little kick. Definitely a keeper.
This was so good. The whole family loved it. i used sesame oil insted of canola oil and a 1 3/4 london broil. 6 minutes on each side and it was perfect
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >