When we left Texas to head north, a neighbor gave me so many pecans from his trees that my trunk was bulging at the seams. This is one of the squares I brought back for him the next year. He loved them! —Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring or vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend up sides of pan. In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 16-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six filling ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and maple flavoring. Pour over crust.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with parchment paper, transfer to a cutting board; cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Honey-Pecan Squares in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p69
Reviews for Honey-Pecan Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review