- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring or vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend up sides of pan. In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour. Press into prepared pan. Bake 16-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six filling ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and maple flavoring. Pour over crust.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with parchment paper, transfer to a cutting board; cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Honey-Pecan Squares
Sort By :
"I've made these a couple of times now and each time they got rave reviews, I think I have a new tradition."
"These were an undeniable success with my family. I used walnuts instead of pecans but I'm sure it would be just as great with pecans. I used a bench knife to cut up the cookies but a sturdy spatula pressed straight down (instead of a knife) would do as well. Definitely remember to line the pan with parchment. It makes getting the cookies out a snap."
"Amazing! I will definitely make these again and again!"
"Wonderful!!! My husband's new favorite!!"
"i thank that it looks pretty good and i'm sure that it would taste wonderful and taste delicious and i'm a very big fan of any kind of pecans pies or deserts as well and i would rate that a 100% ... nikky"