- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring or vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend up sides of pan. In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour. Press into prepared pan. Bake 16-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six filling ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and maple flavoring. Pour over crust.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with parchment paper, transfer to a cutting board; cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Honey-Pecan Squares
Sort By :
I've made these a couple of times now and each time they got rave reviews, I think I have a new tradition.
These were an undeniable success with my family. I used walnuts instead of pecans but I'm sure it would be just as great with pecans. I used a bench knife to cut up the cookies but a sturdy spatula pressed straight down (instead of a knife) would do as well. Definitely remember to line the pan with parchment. It makes getting the cookies out a snap.
Amazing! I will definitely make these again and again!
Wonderful!!! My husband's new favorite!!
i thank that it looks pretty good and i'm sure that it would taste wonderful and taste delicious and i'm a very big fan of any kind of pecans pies or deserts as well and i would rate that a 100% ... nikky