Honey Pecan Triangles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil with 2 teaspoons butter.
- In a large bowl, cream remaining butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg yolk. Gradually beat in flour. Press into prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and honey. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cream and pecans. Pour over crust. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Cut into 24 squares. Cut squares diagonally into triangles.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 159 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 23, 2017
Love the flavors! I had a bit of a hard time cutting mine... end up having to eat the edges too as they seemed a bit over cooked.
May 9, 2017
Love the flavors of these nutty triangles!
Jun 6, 2016
Wow!! What a combo of flavors and yummy!!
Jan 15, 2016
GREAT RECIPE! I made these for a New Year's bash and they were a huge hit! They taste like miniature pecan pie slices -- but not as sweet -- and that is a good thing! These are OUTSTANDING!!
May 21, 2012
OMG!!! These are so good. I made them for a dear friend and couldn't help digging in and before all was over, I ate half myself!!!This is a recipe worth doing and (guess what) it is easy as well!!!
Feb 6, 2012
When I rate a recipe 3 stars means ordinary, 4 stars means much, much better than average, and 5 stars means super wonderfully great tasting. I'd give this recipe more than 5 stars if I could. This is my "go to" recipe when a really impressive goody is required.
Nov 20, 2011
These are magnifico!! I don't like pecan pie, but I couldn't stop eating these. I served them on my desert table at Thanksgiving, everyone gaves them high fives....
Sep 29, 2011
These are absolutely marvelous. Christmas would not be the same if I did not have these in the house when my four children and their families came home. They bake perfect every time. I just sent this recipe to my sister who requested it.
Aug 16, 2011
These are soooo good! I made it once with honey and the second time with light corn syrup. The edges can get crispy, but for most people I made these for, this was their favorite part.
Dec 1, 2010
Have been making these since can't remember when. Have been hearing ," Are you making those this year-please." They are easy to make and better to eat!