Honey Pecan Triangles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil with 2 teaspoons butter.
- In a large bowl, cream remaining butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg yolk. Gradually beat in flour. Press into prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and honey. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cream and pecans. Pour over crust. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Cut into 24 squares. Cut squares diagonally into triangles.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 159 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 23, 2017
Love the flavors! I had a bit of a hard time cutting mine... end up having to eat the edges too as they seemed a bit over cooked.
May 9, 2017
Love the flavors of these nutty triangles!
Jun 6, 2016
Wow!! What a combo of flavors and yummy!!
Jan 15, 2016
GREAT RECIPE! I made these for a New Year's bash and they were a huge hit! They taste like miniature pecan pie slices -- but not as sweet -- and that is a good thing! These are OUTSTANDING!!
May 21, 2012
OMG!!! These are so good. I made them for a dear friend and couldn't help digging in and before all was over, I ate half myself!!!This is a recipe worth doing and (guess what) it is easy as well!!!
Feb 6, 2012
When I rate a recipe 3 stars means ordinary, 4 stars means much, much better than average, and 5 stars means super wonderfully great tasting. I'd give this recipe more than 5 stars if I could. This is my "go to" recipe when a really impressive goody is required.
Nov 20, 2011
These are magnifico!! I don't like pecan pie, but I couldn't stop eating these. I served them on my desert table at Thanksgiving, everyone gaves them high fives....
Sep 29, 2011
These are absolutely marvelous. Christmas would not be the same if I did not have these in the house when my four children and their families came home. They bake perfect every time. I just sent this recipe to my sister who requested it.
Aug 16, 2011
These are soooo good! I made it once with honey and the second time with light corn syrup. The edges can get crispy, but for most people I made these for, this was their favorite part.
Dec 1, 2010
Have been making these since can't remember when. Have been hearing ," Are you making those this year-please." They are easy to make and better to eat!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.