- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Combine the first nine ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 batches (about 1 cup total).
- To prepare tacos: In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1/4 cup taco seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Fill each tortilla with 1/2 cup beef mixture. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
Reviews for Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
Sort By :
"Okay...I'll bite...how does this make a cup???"
"This was really good. We liked the extra little zip to it (my 6 and 8 year-olds agreed). I will be using this from now on for taco night - which we have at least twice a month."
"I cook for my elderly mother so anything with cayenne I replace with paprika with just a bit of cayenne. I always use homemade seasoning mixes now and dressings because most packaged store bought has msg or some sort of bad preservatives in them."
"This is very similar to one I have used for a couple years. I added cornstarch to the one I usually make so did that with this one too, replacing the flour. This is good, it would have been a bit hot for my hubby so I reduced the cayenne to 1/2 tsp. My other recipe doesn't call for the coriander, I think it is a nice addition."
"This was very easy and fun to make with the kids! Even my husband liked this homemade taco seasoning!"