- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Combine the first nine ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 batches (about 1 cup total).
- To prepare tacos: In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1/4 cup taco seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Fill each tortilla with 1/2 cup beef mixture. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
Reviews for Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
"Good recipe, but I think I need to tweak it for my family's taste."
"Super easy to make!"
"Staple in the cupbaord now, no package mixes. Left out some of the salt..."
"Okay...I'll bite...how does this make a cup???"
"This was really good. We liked the extra little zip to it (my 6 and 8 year-olds agreed). I will be using this from now on for taco night - which we have at least twice a month."