- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rinse four 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine tomato sauce and paste. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers. Freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen sauce in refrigerator before serving. Yield: about 4 cups.
Reviews for Homemade Pizza Sauce
"I make this regularly. The first time I didn't have any fennel so I made it without and we didn't miss it so I never use it. I like it best with a little sausage in it or some Parmesan cheese in it. Very yummy!"
"This an excellent recipe, I love it with the Fennel. I also like that it didn't have sugar in it."
"Good! Will make again, added some basill (didnt have any fennel)"
"I absolutely love this recipe! I agree with some of the other reviewers, the fennel is what really makes the sauce great :) My only modifications are the use of fresh onion and garlic."
"Absolutely loved this pizza sauce!!!!! So easy to make and it taste amazing! Will never have pizza any other way now!!!!"