Pizza-Flavored Pasta Sauce
I’ve been cooking since I was 6 years old and I’m always watching for recipes my friends and family will love. So when I tasted an unforgettable spaghetti sauce at a local restaurant, I just had to make my own version. —Angelina Falzarano, Midlothian, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes9 servings (2-1/4 quarts)
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 7 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms, pepperoni, pepper and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, olives and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Serve over pasta.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled sauce in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without pasta): 200 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 934mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Oct 3, 2013
This was simple to put in the slow cooker and have ready when we needed it!
Sep 2, 2013
Nice sauce, the second time i used Nick's crumbled hot pizza sausage, added nice kick. next gonna try sauce on a real pizza.