- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Shape into six loaves, about 4-in. x 2-1/2-in. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the ketchup, sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Homemade Individual Meat Loaves
Sort By :
"I love meat loaf and these were quite good. I did cut two slices of raw bacon into thirds, and put a piece on each individual loaf before baking which I think added a lot to the flavor. The ketchup and mustard and brown sugar are also another important part of the goodness of these loaves, and I may increase the topping by one half...or double it....the next time. A good recipe, simple, and they cook up fast."
"This was tasty--I made one big loaf and cooked it a little over an hour."
"This is the only meat loaf recipe I make! Everyone in my family loves it!"
"This was made frequently until I lost the recipe. How grateful I was to find it exactly on Taste of Home. Not only does it cook faster than a regular meatloaf, it looks more pleasing, enough to serve to company."
"Although I'm not a meatloaf fan myself, I really liked these. They were easy and didn't require a lot of ingredients. I really liked the sauce on top and will probably double it next time. Very good though!"