- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch salt
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add the peas, water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Stir in the ham, Italian seasoning, pepper and salt. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Home-Style Black-Eyed Pea Soup
"Very good! DH asked that it be put in regular rotation and not just on New Year's Day. I added carrots and used 1/2 cup of dried black-eyed peas (softened per the instructions on the package, before adding them to this recipe.)"
"This was one of the easiest, quickest and best tasting black-eyed pea soup recipe I have ever eaten"