- 3 cups whole red and green candied cherries
- 3 cups diced candied pineapple
- 1 package (1 pound) shelled walnuts
- 1 package (10 ounces) golden raisins
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 4 tablespoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, combine cherries, pineapple, walnuts and raisins; set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Pour over fruit mixture and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Wrap tightly and store in a cool place. Slice with a serrated knife; bring to room temperature before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Holiday Fruitcake
Sort By :
"I don't know what TOH was thinking when they told you that shortening is butter. IT IS NOT BUTTER. Shortening is Crisco or any other brand of solid vegetable fat."
"I called TOH. They said to use butter so I did. One of the best ever! Everyone said so. I still wonder if she used some Crisco."
"I would like to try this cake,but wonder if shortening is crisco or butter?"
"I add Dates instead of raisins. Best Fruitcake ever"