- 3 cups whole red and green candied cherries
- 3 cups diced candied pineapple
- 1 package (1 pound) shelled walnuts
- 1 package (10 ounces) golden raisins
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 4 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a large bowl, combine cherries, pineapple, walnuts and raisins; set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Pour over fruit mixture and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Wrap tightly and store in a cool place. Slice with a serrated knife; bring to room temperature before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Holiday Fruitcake(3)
Sort By :
I called TOH. They said to use butter so I did. One of the best ever! Everyone said so. I still wonder if she used some Crisco.
I would like to try this cake,but wonder if shortening is crisco or butter?
I add Dates instead of raisins. Best Fruitcake ever