- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in 1 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, baking mix and salt until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Holiday Brunch Casserole
"Is a good recipe. Good to make ahead??"
"peenie likin good"
"12/2015 - I made this for Christmas breakfast and thought it was just okay. Others liked it. I didn't like the texture and maybe the addition of bisquik. I used jimmy Dean sausage and followed the recipe as written. Also, it was not completely done in the center, AND, it would not serve 12."
"This has become a regular holiday breakfast favorite. However, it usually needs at least 50 min cooking time as well as the additional time for it to sit and set - approximately 10 minutes before serving."
"I am planning to make this for Christmas morning. Has anyone precooked shredded hash browns and layered them on the bottom of the casserole ?"