"My dad is an excellent cook and this is one of his favorites," says Nancy Fettig of Billings, Montana. The slightly sweet dressing has plenty of onion flavor and a tasty blend of herbs.
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, oregano and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar and onion; cover and process until smooth. Add the seasonings; cover and blend well. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until dressing is thickened. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Herbed Onion Salad Dressing in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p44
Reviews for Herbed Onion Salad Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review