Herbed Onion Salad Dressing Recipe
"My dad is an excellent cook and this is one of his favorites," says Nancy Fettig of Billings, Montana. The slightly sweet dressing has plenty of onion flavor and a tasty blend of herbs.
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, oregano and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar and onion; cover and process until smooth. Add the seasonings; cover and blend well. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until dressing is thickened. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Herbed Onion Salad Dressing in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p44
Reviews for Herbed Onion Salad Dressing(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2014
I love this salad dressing recipe! Not only is it easy to make but it also makes a quart sized jar amount which I need because everyone loves it so much. Every time I serve this dressing people ask for the recipe.