“For those of us who have been told to cut back on salt, this all-around handy blend can give herbal zest to any meal,” shares Lorna Wall in Ottawa, Canada. Or put in decorative shakers and use as thoughtful holiday stocking stuffers!
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 1/2 cup.
Originally published as Herbal Salt Substitute in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p45
Reviews for Herbal Salt Substitute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2016
"I have tried several recipes of the seasonings and this one is my favorite."