This is a creative way us use up herbs from an herb garden. The vinegar can be used to marinate meat or in salad dressings. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, optional
- 12 to 18 inches fresh oregano, basil or tarragon sprigs
- 1-1/4 cups white vinegar or white wine vinegar
- If desired, cut garlic in half and skewer with a toothpick. Place in a glass jar or bottle. Add oregano; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a simmer (do not boil). Carefully pour into containers. Let cool to room temperature.
- Remove garlic after 24 hours. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to a year.