Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound whitefish or sole fillets
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, butter and garlic. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until onion is partially cooked. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, salt, tarragon and thyme.
- Arrange fillets in a greased 2-qt. round microwave-safe dish. Top with half of the butter mixture. Stir bread crumbs into the remaining butter mixture; sprinkle over fillets.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 186 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 15, 2015
Can all of this be baked and/or fried or broiled? If so, what steps must b e taken?
Nov 20, 2011
The thought of microwaved fish does not appeal to me, so I sauted the fish on the stove. I otherwise followed the recipe using talapia fillets. This is a very easy dish that is flavorful and has good texture. It also looks great; company would be impressed. I will surely make this again.