Herb & Cheese-Stuffed Burgers Recipe
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 hard rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, parsley and 1 teaspoon mustard; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the onions, bread crumbs, ketchup, salt, rosemary, sage and remaining mustard. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into eight thin patties. Spoon cheese mixture onto center of four patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Herb & Cheese-Stuffed Burgers(22)
Sort By :
Delicious burger! The flavor in this was amazing.
This was great. My family really liked it. A great take on a classic.
Really good! I used ground turkey and they turned out great!!
We just grilled these hamburgers last night. All 3 boys, my husband and I all want to eat them again! Having so many eating I used ground turkey and ground beef mixed together to make the burgers. Then instead of adding all the spices to the hamburger mixture I just added 2 teaspoons of Montreal Steak Spices from McCormick. (if you haven't used this on your steaks, you are really missing out!) The only thing we realized is that we needed bigger buns than just regular hamburger buns! We also did not have them fall apart on the grill but had read the review and were more aware of it. Otherwise, I totally recommend these hamburgers. The little bit of extra work was well worth it.
These are our favorite burgers!!! This is my mother's recipe and my family requsts this every time I make burgers.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheeseburgers >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Hamburgers >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Ground Beef Burger Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Stuffed Hamburgers >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Tailgating Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Sandwich Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >
- Winning Comfort Food Recipes >
- Winning Dinner Recipes >