- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 large green pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
"I really wanted to love this soup, as so many other reviewers did. It was a snowy cold day here in Colorado and I was excited to try this recipe. We made as directed, but added some sliced zucchini. Neither my husband nor I raved, and I fear we now have a very large pot of soup left over (will freeze for another day.) Perhaps if I doubled the meat as someone else mentioned, or added some sliced sausages, it would have had a little more zip. It did make a large batch and was hearty, just not our favorite."
"Comfort food at its best! I never use the green pepper and always go on the garlic, so good!"
"My whole family enjoyed this soup. We substituted the green beans for peas because that's what we had on hand, and I doubled the meat and onions (by accident, but it was wonderful and made it more like a stew consistency!)"
"Made this according to the recipe. It was delicious. Recipe added to my box."
"Delicious! This made a great filling dinner with homemade white bread on the side."