Oregano really shines in this hearty soup from field editor Traci K Wynne, Denver, Pennsylvania. “It smells delicious while it’s cooking and makes a great lunch or dinner. You could use lima beans instead of the green beans.”
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 large green pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Originally published as Hamburger Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p51
Reviews for Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review