Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 large green pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups beef broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Hamburger Vegetable Soup(22)
Sort By :
My whole family enjoyed this soup. We substituted the green beans for peas because that's what we had on hand, and I doubled the meat and onions (by accident, but it was wonderful and made it more like a stew consistency!)
Made this according to the recipe. It was delicious. Recipe added to my box.
Delicious! This made a great filling dinner with homemade white bread on the side.
My family loves this soup! Low fat, low sodium and amazing flavor!
I could not get enough of this savory soup. It is going to be one of my staples from now on. A bowl of this and some french or other crusty bread and you have all you need for a good meal.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >