- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a saucepan, saute the broccoli, green pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Sprinkle half of the ham and cheese into pie crust. Cover with the vegetables and the remaining ham and cheese. Combine eggs and cream; pour over ham and cheese. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If needed, cover edge of crust with foil to prevent excess browning. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Ham Pie
"For some reason, I ended up with a soggy crust on the bottom. Next time will try a glass pie dish and pre-bake the crust a bit. The gang didn't care however; we all thought it had a great combinations of flavors and look forward to having it again."
"Very, very good. Left out the peppers, but made no other changes. My husband loved it."
"Very good. I really enjoyed it."