Hearty Cheese Tortellini Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage and beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the marinara sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through.
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions; stir into meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hearty Cheese Tortellini
Sort By :
"Yummy!!! Followed exactly and loved it, hubby wants to know when we can have it again while he finished off a second helping."
"This was delicious. Any pasta could be exchanged for the tortellini.. Not sure I would add the mozzarella to the slow cooker. Perhaps put it on after serving."
"I have made this alot. I leave out the hamburger, and use a full pound of hot Italian sausage. My husband and the kids love it."
"My family LOVED this! Very definitely a 'do again"!!"
"I've made this several times since I saw it in the magazine a couple years ago. This is has become one of my favorite comfort foods. Very hearty and filling, and easy to make."