Hearty Cheese Tortellini Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage and beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the marinara sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through.
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions; stir into meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hearty Cheese Tortellini
Sort By :
"My husband loves tortellini, and this is now this favorite tortellini dish. It has easy, inexpensive ingredients, perfect budget meal!"
"Yummy!!! Followed exactly and loved it, hubby wants to know when we can have it again while he finished off a second helping."
"This was delicious. Any pasta could be exchanged for the tortellini.. Not sure I would add the mozzarella to the slow cooker. Perhaps put it on after serving."
"I have made this alot. I leave out the hamburger, and use a full pound of hot Italian sausage. My husband and the kids love it."
"My family LOVED this! Very definitely a 'do again"!!"