Hearty Black-Eyed Pea Soup Recipe
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Yield: 12-16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Black-Eyed Pea Soup
Sort By :
"Delicious!!!! Added diced canned jalapenos cuz my family likes spicy. And the ground sausage I used was hot."
"This was a great, easy soup my meat lovin husband even liked."
"This is a great soup and I will make it often during cold weather. I reduced the sausage to 1/2 lb. and used 5 cups of beef broth instead of the water and bouillon cubes."
"This was our January "good luck" meal. It is definitely a keeper."
"No one in my family likes black-eyed peas except for me, so it took some coaxing on my part to get them to try it. Wow! Everyone loved it and I spent the next several days emailing the recipe to all my family members. This year we made it for friends as Christmas gifts! I particularly like that it is low in calorie, tastes fabulous, and is Weight Watcher friendly! I would definitely encourage anyone to make this even if you don't like black-eyed pease!"