- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 4 sesame hamburger buns
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onions, red pepper, soy sauce, salt and reserved pineapple juice. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with teriyaki sauce. Grill 4-6 minutes longer on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Grill pineapple slices for 2 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with teriyaki sauce. Warm buns on grill; top each with a burger and pineapple slice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Hawaiian Turkey Burgers
Sort By :
"These burgers were great! They were moist and had great flavor!"
"Really yummy! Made them inside because it was winter time - still good!"
"This was a wonderful and easy recipe! We plan on making it again soon!!"
"These are really good, especially with the grilled pineapple and a little mayonnaise."
"I'm always looking for new turkey burger recipes and I'll be making this one again. Loved the grilled pineapple, but since I didn't have teriyaki sauce I didn't put that on the burgers and used soy sauce on the pineapple instead."