- 3 cups frozen loose-pack shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes.
- Combine the ham, cheese and green pepper; spoon over crust. In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over all. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hash Brown Quiche
"My family loved these . I used extra egg and also tater tots as someone suggested. Tater tots seem to have oil or something added to them, I guess that's what holds chopped up taters all together. So next time I will hold back on the butter part for the crust. Good stuff!"
"i made these in the cupcake pan (medium size) and they turned out even better than the big pan size - folks were highly impressed with it and they requested I make this way for the next shindig! yum..."
"This was a simple tasty dish. Will definitely make again."
"We loved it. I made the crust with 3 shredded potatoes, 1/2 medium onion, a dollop of mayo and a handful of panko bread crumbs. I will use 4 eggs next time, as suggested by others."
"I added some mushroom, chopped red onions, bacon and swiss cheese, and it turned out great. I'll be making it again over the Hoildays for brunch."