People have a hard time believing this homey and hearty casserole uses lighter ingredients. The taste is so rich and creamy...it's a great weeknight family entree! —Martha Henson, Winnsboro, Texas
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain noodles; stir into beef mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, ricotta cheese and sour cream until blended. Stir in half of the onions.
- Spoon half the noodle mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cheese mixture and remaining noodle mixture.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Hamburger Noodle Casserole in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p21
Reviews for Hamburger Noodle Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review