Hamburger Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain noodles; stir into beef mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, ricotta cheese and sour cream until blended. Stir in half of the onions.
- Spoon half of the noodle mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cheese mixture and remaining noodle mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Hamburger Noodle Casserole(47)
Sort By :
Delicious! Used 2lbs of ground beef...also substituted a jar of tomato basil marinara instead of canned tomato sauce and doubled the green onions. The whole family gave it thumbs up. Will definitely make again!
Pretty good & simple to make. Next time I may try adding salsa and black olives, or using a mix of sausage and hamburger.
This is filling. That is all the good I can say about it. It is tasteless. If you want pasta, you'd be better off frying up some hamburger and adding it to Kraft Mac & Cheese, or using a box of Hamburger Helper. With cheese as expensive as it is, don't waste it on this tasteless dish. We have a lot of leftovers which I hope to entice people to eat by adding jarred spaghetti sauce. It was a pain to make, too--lots of dirty pans. If you're looking for a yummy hamburger noodle dish, keep looking!
This casserole is very easy and taste like a hamburger. I have made this many times and it is easy to throw together for my family.
I have fixed this recipe twice and my husband and I agree it is a 'keeper'. However, I agree with one other review...it is a little bland. I think I will try substituting 24 ozs. of spaghetti sauce for the tomato sauce the next time I make it.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >