Hamburger Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain noodles; stir into beef mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, ricotta cheese and sour cream until blended. Stir in half of the onions.
- Spoon half of the noodle mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cheese mixture and remaining noodle mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Hamburger Noodle Casserole(44)
Sort By :
This casserole is very easy and taste like a hamburger. I have made this many times and it is easy to throw together for my family.
I have fixed this recipe twice and my husband and I agree it is a 'keeper'. However, I agree with one other review...it is a little bland. I think I will try substituting 24 ozs. of spaghetti sauce for the tomato sauce the next time I make it.
I added more herbs and sautéed an onion and green pepper in with the meat. I also added a touch of Frank's Red Hot to give it a kick.
VERY bland and I added Basil and Oregano to the meat. My husband and I ate it, but didn't like it, but it was nearly impossible to get our picky eater to eat it. It took a long time to make and definitely wasn't worth it.
Awesome! I added 2 lbs of ground beef as well as additional noodles. (the whole bag) Also added 2 cups of cheese on top. Added additional sugar, garlic. Also a dash of red pepper for zip.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >