Hamburger Goulash Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, sugar, salt, mustard and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into the meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles or potatoes. Yield: 6 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Hamburger Goulash(6)
Sort By :
Useful alternative to Hamburger Helper. Nice consistency; definitely try over potatoes. More than doubled the garlic powder, but could use a bit more zest. Overall makes a good weeknight meal for our family from convenient ingredients. Would make it again.
This dish was good. My husband and 8 yr old really liked it. I didn't change anything in the recipe. May add veggies to it the next time I make it.
after seeing the reviews I made my own changes and added 1 large green pepper, 1 large onion, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 3 small bulbs of fresh garlic...next time I will add some peas and maybe some carrots... my husband and my two sons all ate 2 plates... all gone
This seemed to be missing something. The picture shows some green specks. I am thinking they might be green pepper. It would be much better with some green pepper added. I do plan to make it one more time, adding some green pepper, then decide if I want to keep it or not. I served it over mashed potatoes, which worked well.
This is not worth the effort. Bland and tasteless. I was able to salvage it with a can of chili beans, some taco seasoning and a little bit of salsa.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >