Purchase pre-shaped patties in the meat section of your local grocery store.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red pepper strips
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Shape beef into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese, 2 tablespoons pesto and pepper strips. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Vlasic roasted red pepper strips.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 716 calories, 45g fat (17g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 779mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 51g protein.
Originally published as Pesto Burgers in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.