- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red pepper strips
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Shape beef into four 3/4-in.-thick patties. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese, 2 tablespoons pesto and pepper strips. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Serve on buns.
1 burger: 716 calories, 45g fat (17g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 779mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 51g protein.