Ham with Spiced-Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (6 pounds)
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) cherry preserves
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the preserves, vinegar, brown sugar, water and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour 3/4 cup sauce mixture over the ham. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 18 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Ham with Spiced-Cherry Sauce(3)
Sort By :
It was excellent. I made it with balsamic vinegar and did not add the water. I served it over grilled pork tenderloin. My family loved it.
I'm glad I read the other review first and decided to make the glaze (1/3 of recipe since I just wanted a sauce and did not plan to glaze the ham) without the sugar - Even though the preserves I purchased were 'sour cherry' preserves, they were plenty sweet without adding any sugar. I also added just a splash water and ended up cooking it right back out - think I'll skip the water completely next time and save time - Went well with the ham and tasted very similar to the pickled blueberries I canned a few months ago (and serve over goat cheese)
The sauce is wonderful! I used basalmic instead of cider vinegar and did not add the extra sugar or water. I will make this again to add to all pork meals!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Ham Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Ham Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >