I made this breakfast casserole for my family one day as I tried using things up in my fridge. Even my picky children loved it! —Lisa Pogue, Keithville, Louisiana
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 24 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add Italian seasoning and pepper; saute 1 minute longer. Spread mushroom mixture evenly into two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, ham, Parmesan cheese and flour. Sprinkle over mushroom mixture. In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, mustard and white pepper. Pour over cheese mixture.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Bake remaining casserole, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
Originally published as Ham and Egg Breakfast Casseroles in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p58
Reviews for Ham and Egg Breakfast Casseroles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review