- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3/4 cup stone-ground mustard, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 10 thick slices deli ham
- 10 slices Swiss cheese
- 2-1/2 cups shredded romaine
- 40 frilled toothpicks
- 20 pitted ripe olives, drained and patted dry
- 20 pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut each biscuit in half, forming half circles. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Spread each with 1/2 teaspoon mustard. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and onions. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, honey and remaining mustard. Cut each slice of ham into four rectangles; cut each slice of cheese into four triangles.
- Split each biscuit in half; spread bottom halves with butter mixture. Layer with one ham piece, one cheese piece and 1 tablespoon romaine on each biscuit bottom.
- Spread mustard mixture over biscuit tops; place over romaine. Thread toothpicks through olives; insert into stacks. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Biscuit Stacks
Sort By :
This is a simple and inexpensive starter. It's the perfect finger foods for kids parties.
Have made this for superbowl & to take to work. Somewhat time consuming & mustard mixture could be cut in half. Tons left. But people enjoyed the food