Ham 'n' Cheese Biscuit Stacks Recipe
I make these finger sandwiches for holidays and Super Bowl parties, too. They’re pretty enough for a baby shower and hearty enough for the guys.
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3/4 cup stone-ground mustard, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 10 thick slices deli ham
- 10 slices Swiss cheese
- 2-1/2 cups shredded romaine
- 40 frilled toothpicks
- 20 pitted ripe olives, drained and patted dry
- 20 pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and patted dry
- Cut each biscuit in half, forming half circles. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Spread each with 1/2 teaspoon mustard. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and onions. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey and remaining mustard. Cut each slice of ham into four rectangles; cut each slice of cheese into four triangles.
- Split each biscuit in half; spread bottom halves with butter mixture. Layer with one ham piece, one cheese piece and 1 tablespoon romaine on each biscuit bottom.
- Spread mustard mixture over biscuit tops; place over romaine. Thread toothpicks through olives; insert into stacks. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Biscuit Stacks in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p57
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Biscuit Stacks(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2012
Have made this for superbowl & to take to work. Somewhat time consuming & mustard mixture could be cut in half. Tons left. But people enjoyed the food
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- New Year's Appetizers >