Ham & Cheese Potato Casserole Recipe
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (28 ounces each) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix soup, sour cream, water and pepper until blended. Stir in potatoes, cheese and ham.
- Transfer to two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
Reviews for Ham & Cheese Potato Casserole
Sort By :
We thought this recipe was just okay. Nothing special nor was it very tasty.
It's football kickoff day so I wanted comfort food. This was so easy and delicious. My husband and his brother said it was "fantastic" and had 2nd helpings. My 4 year old said "it's actually pretty good." Best thing for me is it is I already have one pre-made in the freezer for the next time or when hubby goes to a football party, I can send it with him easily.
There s no denying that this is super easy. The fam loved it. They'll eat just about anything with Velveeta cheese because I rarely use it--its not really food in my opinion but I guess its okay every once in a while. Personally I thought it was a little bland. Next time I will add onion and green peppers to spice it up & to make me feel better knowing there are some veggies in it. To cut down on the fat and sodium I used low-sodium/low-fat products and turkey ham.
Addendum: Apparently the recipe calls for O'Brien potatoes which contain green pepper and onion (I used plain potatoes) so next time I'll get the O'briens and add broccoli!!
I was surprised that reviews on this recipe that was just published go back 3 years! No matter, we loved it anyway. Will serve with bacon bits, chives, and grated cheddar cheese the next we make it.
This was just okay for my family. I did halve the recipe as I wasn't sure if we were going to like it. I didn't want one for the freezer if we didn't. It was very easy to put together though. It has potential for maybe adding another flavor. Might play with the recipe a little. Main complaint from the kids was too many potatoes.