- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce; heat through.
- Drain macaroni; transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the egg, soup, milk, butter and parsley; pour over macaroni. Spoon beef mixture over top; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ground Beef Macaroni Casserole
Sort By :
"You can be sure I'll be making again and again for my husband and myself. I do not salt anything so will leave out. Definitely will add garlic powder along with onion. YUM!"
"Good but not a lot of flavor. Definately needs a garlic roll. Will make again but use a pizza sauce for the tomato sauce. I cut the recipe in half and would serve more than the four suggested."
"I didn't have the exact ingredients on hand, so I prepared this dish with unsalted butter, 1% milk and unsalted tomato sauce. I added about a 1/2 tsp additional salt to the beef mixture. Also used a sprinkle of dried parsley instead of fresh. I thought it was very good!"
"really great cold weather day quick and tasty meal just add a salad and you are set"
"This was just ok. A lot like Mac n cheese with beef. Easy to make though, and definitely edible, just not fantastic."