- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the wine or broth, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, curry, ginger and pepper; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- In a small saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Drain and discard marinade. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; spread stuffing down the center of each. Close tenderloins; tie at 1-1/2-in. intervals with kitchen string.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 25-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Sort By :
Very tasty and not too spicy. I will use dry red wine next time instead of beef broth to make it less salty.
Family was begging for more! The pork is just a little sweet and the stuffing gets a nice crust to it. We baked it in the over at 375 for just over an hour and it was delicious!
Was very tasty! Had a great flavor. The middle of the loinwas very tender, but the ends were just a little bit dry, not sure how to eliminate this problem. Will definitely make again!
I baked this dish and found that a probe works great to 170 degrees. But the store bought stuffing was a little salty. I will try my owne stuffing next time.
If I should wish to bake this tenderloin, how long and at what temperature, covererd or uncovered.