This fancied-up pasta came about one night when I was coming up with dinner on the fly. We knew it turned out great with the very first bite. —Lisa Bynum, Brandon, Mississippi
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil
- In a large saucepan, cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, thread tomatoes onto metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Thread shrimp onto skewers; brush with remaining oil. Mix seasonings; sprinkle over shrimp.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Grill tomatoes, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until slightly softened, turning occasionally.
- Drain linguine, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. In same saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add linguine, cheese and reserved pasta water, tossing to combine. Remove shrimp and tomatoes from skewers; serve with pasta. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Shrimp & Tomatoes with Linguine in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp & Tomatoes with Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review