- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 cups beet greens, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup prepared pesto
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Place flours, salt and yeast in a food processor; pulse until blended. While processing, add 2 tablespoons oil and enough water in a steady stream until dough forms a ball. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch down dough. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into two portions. Press or roll each portion into a 10-in. circle; place each on a piece of greased foil (about 12 in. square). Brush tops with remaining oil; cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10 minutes.
- For topping, in a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beet greens; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Carefully invert pizza crusts onto grill rack; remove foil. Grill, covered, over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Turn; grill 1-2 minutes or until second side begins to brown.
- Remove from grill. Spread with pesto; top with beet greens, cheeses and tomatoes. Return pizzas to grill. Cook, covered, over medium heat 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 2 pizzas (4 slices each).
Originally published as Grilled Pizza with Greens & Tomatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p206
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Grilled Pizza with Greens & Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review