- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough in half. Roll or press each to 1/4-in. thickness; place each on a greased sheet of foil (about 10 in. square). Brush tops with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Carefully invert crusts onto grill rack, removing foil. Brush tops with remaining oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Remove from grill; reduce grill temperature to low.
- Top grilled sides of crusts with Parmesan cheese, tomatoes, corn, onion and mozzarella cheese. Grill, covered, on low heat 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with spinach and basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Garden Pizza in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Grilled Garden Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review