With toasted angel food cake and chocolate syrup, this recipe makes fruit seem especially decadent. It's the perfect treat for a summer party. —Melissa Birdsong, Gilbert, South Carolina
- 2 cups cubed angel food cake
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1 large banana, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 medium plums, pitted and quartered
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread cake cubes and fruits. Spritz each skewer with butter-flavored spray and roll in brown sugar.
- Place skewers on a piece of heavy-duty foil. Place foil on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fruits are tender, turning once. Drizzle each skewer with 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Fruit Skewers with Chocolate Syrup in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p32
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Grilled Fruit Skewers with Chocolate Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2012
"With the best fruit it can be very good. I like to use real melted chocolate in place of flavored syrup."
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2011