- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced fresh or dried figs
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, yeast, salt and 1 cup flour. In a small saucepan, heat water and oil to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10-in. circle. Transfer dough to a piece of heavy-duty foil (18x12-in. rectangle) coated with cooking spray; spritz dough. Refrigerate, covered, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup honey and cinnamon until smooth.
- Carefully invert dough onto grill rack; peel off foil. Grill, covered, over low heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn; grill 1-2 minutes longer. Remove from grill to a baking sheet. Spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with figs. Return pizza to grill; grill, covered, 5-7 minutes longer or until crust is lightly browned and toppings are heated through. Drizzle with remaining honey. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Grilled Fig and Honey Pizza in Grill It Bookazine 2016, p133
Reviews for Grilled Fig and Honey Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review