This is my kid-friendly version of green eggs and ham. For my adult version, I use prosiuitto instead of ham and fontina cheese for the provolone. It's a fun sandwich for breakfast, lunch or dinner. —Beth Dauenhauer, Pueblo, Colorado
Featured In: 21 Breakfast Sandwiches Ready in 30 Minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 slices deli ham, halved
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- Heat a 10-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Whisk the eggs, milk and pesto. Add to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set and top appears glossy, remove from skillet and cut into quarters.
- On each English muffin bottom, layer ham, eggs and cheese. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Green Eggs and Ham Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p49
Reviews for Green Eggs and Ham Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2016
"These were good, but not fantastic. Maybe next time I will try proscuitto."
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2012
"Yum. Did I say, yum? YUM!"