This is my kid-friendly version of green eggs and ham. For my adult version, I use prosiuitto instead of ham and fontina cheese for the provolone. It's a fun sandwich for breakfast, lunch or dinner. —Beth Dauenhauer, Pueblo, Colorado
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 slices deli ham, halved
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- Heat a 10-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Whisk the eggs, milk and pesto. Add to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set and top appears glossy, remove from skillet and cut into quarters.
- On each English muffin bottom, layer ham, eggs and cheese. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Green Eggs and Ham Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p49
Reviews for Green Eggs and Ham Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review