Green Chile Chicken Chili Recipe
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (14 ounces each)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) salsa verde
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Optional toppings: shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips
- Place the chicken, onions, peppers, jalapenos and chilies in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour salsa over top. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred chicken with two forks, discarding skin and bones; return meat to slow cooker. Stir in the beans, sour cream and cilantro; heat through. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 10 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Green Chile Chicken Chili(11)
Sort By :
This soup was awesome. The flavors worked really well together.
Will definitely make this again. Took half of it to the neighbors and they loved it too!
Love this recipe! I have made it several times and always get rave reviews, and it is so easy to make. The only adjustments I make are to use cream cheese instead of sour cream (personal preference) and since I have young kids I cut back the jalapenos to 1/4 to 1/2 cup since I have found that a full cup makes it pretty spicy (still good, but the kids won't eat it that spicy). This recipe makes a lot, so I cut it in half when I am only cooking for my family. It is also great with tortilla chips as a dip or nachos.
We loved this, it is such a pretty and flavorfull chili, different spin on chili, and much lighter than made with beer. The only changes done was I have a nice crop of habenero peppers growing and I added 4 of them. The texture of the chili was spot on. Nice recipe!
I made this exactly as recipe states except left out the cilantro (just not a fan). It is so good! Slightly spicy, plenty of chicken, not soupy or runny. I will for sure make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Chili Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Low Fat Chili Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >
- Simple Chili Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chili >