- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (14 ounces each)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) salsa verde
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Optional toppings: shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips
- Place the chicken, onions, peppers, jalapenos and chilies in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour salsa over top. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred chicken with two forks, discarding skin and bones; return meat to slow cooker. Stir in the beans, sour cream and cilantro; heat through. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 10 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Green Chile Chicken Chili
Sort By :
Very good but next time when I half the recipe I'll remember to half the jalapeños!
wonderful chicken chili!
This soup was awesome. The flavors worked really well together.
Will definitely make this again. Took half of it to the neighbors and they loved it too!
Love this recipe! I have made it several times and always get rave reviews, and it is so easy to make. The only adjustments I make are to use cream cheese instead of sour cream (personal preference) and since I have young kids I cut back the jalapenos to 1/4 to 1/2 cup since I have found that a full cup makes it pretty spicy (still good, but the kids won't eat it that spicy). This recipe makes a lot, so I cut it in half when I am only cooking for my family. It is also great with tortilla chips as a dip or nachos.