Zesty Green Chili Stew
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the broth, potatoes, onion and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add the beans, corn and chilies.
- Drain beef; add to soup. Simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with your choice of toppings if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 264 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Jul 8, 2015
Have made this many times good for a cold day . Family enjoyed this said it was good.added some extra seasoning to it
May 14, 2015
AWFUL as written. Good starter recipe, but definitely should not be in the "stew" category. Common sense and experience told me to make major adjustments, which I did and the husband said it was the best soup he's ever had (and I love to make soup, so that went a long way).
Feb 22, 2011
I must say I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this recipe. This is a real nice change of pace to the normal chili recipe. I thought that without any seasoning this would be bland. But sometimes you have to leave some seasoning to the people eating it. I did season the ground beef while I browned it.(I couldn't find any preseasoned ground beef(just a little humor)). But other than that it is a great recipe. I sprinkled it with cheese, a little sour cream and some ground pepper and it was nice and tasty. I can't wait to get some garden fresh tomatoes to put on top.
Jan 3, 2011
This is a regular in my kitchen.It's a wonderful tasting stew that is a good break from tomato based soups/ stews.Also, it doesn't take very long to prepare so it's a great weekday meal.The shredded cheddar cheese tops off each serving wonderfully.
Oct 10, 2010
Like this recipe very much. Easy & quick to make and economical too. We like it with pepper jack cheese & tortilla chips.