- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place cod in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with green pepper, onion and olives.
- Pour tomato sauce over top; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 15-20 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Greek Fish Bake
"I loved this recipe for cod!! It's very easy to make and is loaded with the flavors of the Mediterranean. I added a can of diced tomatoes to the ingredients and instead of slicing the green pepper and onion I chopped them ... also, I used the olives whole for the appearance. I will be making this again .... maybe use capers instead of olives the next time. Served with brown rice and mixed vegetables, this is a light and delicious meal."