Golden Ham Croquettes Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 2 cups coarsely ground fully cooked ham
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in curry powder and flour. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in mustard and onion; add ham and mix well. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- With wet hands, shape mixture into 10 balls. Roll balls in bread crumbs; shape each into a cone. Whisk together egg and water. Dip cones into egg mixture; roll again in crumbs.
- Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer to 375°. Fry croquettes, a few at a time, for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; keep warm.
- For the cheese sauce, melt butter in a saucepan; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add cheeses; stir until melted. Spoon over croquettes. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Golden Ham Croquettes(2)
Sort By :
This was the first time I tried this recipe,my family really like them and they were easy to make.One note,with curry a little goes a long way,so keep that in mind.This recipe is a keeper,Thanks.
I have been making this recipe for years and years. It is actually from an old Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook from 1981. I don't change anything - love it just the way it is.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >