- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the rice flour, potato starch, almonds, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips if desired.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Reviews for Gluten-Free Pancakes
Sort By :
I substituted low fat buttermilk and cut the melted butter in half. It makes them lighter. My granddaughter who has celiac disease has used blueberries and even peaches in hers.
Delicious. I added some chocolate chips for fun.
This recipe was easy and came out great. The whole family loved it, even my husband who isn't always a fan of my gluten free substitutes. Much better than the store bought gluten free mixes. I also used lactose free milk because I can't tolerate lactose. This recipe is a keeper.
A winner! Serve these to your friends as "pancakes from scratch" and the omnivores will love them, as well as those who cannot have gluten. Light, with a roasty, nutty flavor, thanks to the almond meal. We did not have potato starch, so substituted tapioca flour, which worked fine. A great recipe!
Even those who do not eat GF in our family loved them! :D I've been looking for a good recipe for years for pancakes, and these are the best we've had yet! :D Thanks Taste of Home! You are the best! ;)
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Gluten-Free Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >