I've made this recipe dozens of time since being diagnosed with Celiac disease. My kids like them best with chocolate chips (of course!) and maple syrup. &dmash;Kathy Rairigh, Milford, Indiana
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the rice flour, potato starch, almonds, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips if desired.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Originally published as Gluten-Free Pancakes in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009, p11
Reviews for Gluten-Free Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review