- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (about 10 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup cherry or cranberry juice
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) pitted tart cherries, drained
- 12 to 16 drops red food coloring, optional
- Place ham on a rack in large roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and mustard. Stir in cherry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over ham. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Remove from the oven; keep warm.
- For cherry sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in apple juice and vinegar until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cherries and food coloring if desired; heat through. Serve with ham. Yield: 18 servings (4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Glazed Ham with Cherry Sauce in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p48
Reviews for Glazed Ham with Cherry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review