With a wonderful blend of bright flavors and colors, this cold pasta salad is ideal for warm summer days. Cindy Heinbaugh - Aurora, Colorado
- 1 package (16 ounces) whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding edamame during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Rinse in cold water and drain well. Meanwhile, stir ginger into salad dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine spaghetti, chicken, cucumber, peppers and red onion. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Spaghetti Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p61
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Gingered Spaghetti Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2015
"This salad gets rave reviews at potlucks and picnics. I omit the chicken so that our vegetarian friends can enjoy it, too."
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2010