We’re of German heritage, so we love bold flavors. Cheddar and beer make a tangy dip to serve with pretzels, crackers, pumpernickel and brats. Choose a beer that you really enjoy the flavor of, as it will come through in your finished recipe. —Angela Spengler, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup German beer or nonalcoholic beer
- Assorted crackers
- Place cheese in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped, about 1 minute. Add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Gradually add beer, while continuing to process, until mixture is smooth and spreadable, about 1-1/2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or gift jars. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 week. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as German Beer Cheese Spread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for German Beer Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review