- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and boiling water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain; chop tomatoes.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt; add flour and toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add broth, wine, parsley, seasonings and chopped tomatoes; bring to a boil. Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Drain rigatoni; add to chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken Rigatoni
Sort By :
"My husband and I didn't think there was much flavor to this dish at all. I didn't have mushrooms so left them out. The chicken had nice flavor though."
"This was very good. I didn't have sun-dried tomatoes, so I used jarred roasted red peppers, and it was still a good flavor. It was a nice sauce not over done. I would make this again."
"Would it taste the same without the wine?"
"We all liked it but the second time I made it I forgot to add the parmesan. Big mistake. The parm makes this dish. Making for the third time tonight with the parm :)"
"This was really good and easy to make. The whole family enjoyed it."