- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and boiling water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain; chop tomatoes.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt; add flour and toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add broth, wine, parsley, seasonings and chopped tomatoes; bring to a boil. Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Drain rigatoni; add to chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken Rigatoni
Sort By :
This was really good and easy to make. The whole family enjoyed it.
We liked the "garlicky" aspect of this recipe but not the sun-dried tomato. I agree with others that fresh or canned tomatoes would be better.
Light and easy enough to prepare. Next time I will replace the sun-dried tomatoes with either fresh or canned as we don't love the sun-dried taste. I will probably amp up the seasoning next time also.
I loved this recipe. It was so light. I used whole wheat pasta and chicken broth instead of wine. I cleared my plate!
I just made this for dinner on a different night and it is very good! I added some chopped onion also, just because I had extra from another dinner that I made. Like moviefan11 I used the Perdue chicken to simplify it. I will definately be making it again