- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and boiling water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain; chop tomatoes.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt; add flour and toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add broth, wine, parsley, seasonings and chopped tomatoes; bring to a boil. Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Drain rigatoni; add to chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken Rigatoni
"I used leftover chicken that was already cooked, which cut down on the orep time, but also probably made it less tasty."
"I'd definitely make this recipe again. It was pretty quick to make and I had all of the ingredients on hand. I added the sun dried tomatoes when I added the chicken broth instead of soaking them. And I added some of the pasta water so it wouldn't be dry for leftovers. The flavors were great, just enough spice."
"This is a really tasty dish. I use oil packed sun-dried tomatoes and it comes out amazing!"
"This is an amazing dish! We loved it. We opted to use oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes and were very happy with the results. It added a nice shine and punch of flavor. We also added more chicken and mushrooms. Definitely love this recipe! Thank you for sharing! - Field Editor"
"Love this dish. We use a smaller pasta, like mini penne."