- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and boiling water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain; chop tomatoes.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt; add flour and toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add broth, wine, parsley, seasonings and chopped tomatoes; bring to a boil. Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Drain rigatoni; add to chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken Rigatoni
Sort By :
"I'd definitely make this recipe again. It was pretty quick to make and I had all of the ingredients on hand. I added the sun dried tomatoes when I added the chicken broth instead of soaking them. And I added some of the pasta water so it wouldn't be dry for leftovers. The flavors were great, just enough spice."
"This is a really tasty dish. I use oil packed sun-dried tomatoes and it comes out amazing!"
"This is an amazing dish! We loved it. We opted to use oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes and were very happy with the results. It added a nice shine and punch of flavor. We also added more chicken and mushrooms. Definitely love this recipe! Thank you for sharing! - Field Editor"
"Love this dish. We use a smaller pasta, like mini penne."
"My family loved this dish... and we loved the sweetness of the sun-dried tomatoes and the great garlic flavor... will make again soon."