- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and boiling water; let stand 5 minutes. Drain; chop tomatoes.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt; add flour and toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add broth, wine, parsley, seasonings and chopped tomatoes; bring to a boil. Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Drain rigatoni; add to chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken Rigatoni
Sort By :
"My family loved this dish... and we loved the sweetness of the sun-dried tomatoes and the great garlic flavor... will make again soon."
"Great garlic dish! I used white cooking wine and it worked fine."
"Good, but didn't pack the flavor punch we were hoping for."
"Excellent, my husband took 2 big bowls of it, and normally he's a very fuzzy eater on trying new things. Only changed I did was using shredded Parmesan cheese instead of grated. I first used the amount it was called for, but my husband said it needed more cheese, so I used the whole 2 cup bag on it. Will definally make again."
"My husband and I didn't think there was much flavor to this dish at all. I didn't have mushrooms so left them out. The chicken had nice flavor though."