"These moist fudgy brownies disappear fast at potluck dinners," reports Ruth Bramble, Rushville, Missouri. You won't even know there's zucchini in them.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, sugar and oil; stir into dry ingredients until blended. Stir in walnuts and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in sugar and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook and stir 1 minute or until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in chips and marshmallows until melted and smooth; add vanilla. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Brownies in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p19
Reviews for Fudgy Zucchini Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review